Following are list of 10 fire accidents due to Diwali Festival 2012 as of November 14 2012 from Various places in Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Andhra pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and in Rajasthan.
- More than 30 died in Sivakasi Fire factory on September 5th 2012.The accident happened in Om Sakthi Fireworks and this factory operated without license and safety factors.Every year some incidents occurring in Sivakasi before Diwali/Deepavali but no precautions are taken by fire cracker companies or by government officials.
- On November 10 2012, Fire accident at Vadodara, Gujarat fire market killed 1 boy 10 years age. The accident happened when one of customer tested toy pistol in fire cracker shop. Eventhough there are lot of anti-firecrackers, no one(fire crackers shop owner or people) in India is caring about safety factors involved while bursting Fire Crackers. As a result we lost young aged boy 10 years old boy in Vadodara.
- On November 11 2012, Fire accident at Fire cracker shop at Ariyalur, TamilNadu killed again one more young boy today. 2 more people severely injured. Fire cracker shop owner and employees are arrested for further investigation.
- On November 13 2012, 8 killed in firecracker factory explosion at Uttarpradesh Auraiya. This factory operated illegally.
- 5 huts destroyed in Chennai Avadi,Ambatur area due to firecracker explosio
- On November 13 2012, More than 100 injured due to Diwali fire accidents in Jaipur, India. Apart from this, 12 minor Diwali accidents reported around Jaipur.
- On November 13 2012, Major fire accident in a godown at Begum Bazaar in Hyderabad, India.
- On November 13 2012, Minor Fire accident in Thiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu at Lakshmi Corporatio godown
- On November 13 2012, Minor Fire accident in 2 house Melur, Madurai due to Diwali firecrackers
- On November 13 2012, 8 Minor fire accidents due to Diwali festival 2012 in various places in Madurai around Vishalachipuram, Alankulam, Suramaniyapuram.
I hope this list will not grow any more. Have a safe Diwali 2012.
I think, Mostly Parents in India especially in Tamil Nadu spoiling children to show more interest in Firecrackers. Parents needs to remember there are many ways to change children’s mind as brave mind not by bursting stupid and dangerous fire crackers, it is equal to bursting crackers to spoil ourselves.
Is fire crackers are necessary for Diwali/Deepavali? or Can’t you celebrate Diwali/Deepavali without disturbing your ears????
When these people will change? Only God Knows answers to whom which we are celebrating Diwali.