WordPress Plugins by Muralidharan indiacitys.com technologies

Push Notification for Post and BuddyPress

Viewing 5 posts - 56 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Murali
    Keymaster

Please find attached working example of flutter app to use rest api for pnfpb plugin

https://www.muraliwebworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/lib-may202023.zip

At present i am busy in upgrading this plugin to use latest version of firebase api v1 as per google announcement. It is taking more time due to following reason, legacy api will not be available from june 2024 next year. In the newer version google firebase used modular approach of javascript (like nodejs), so i am remodeling this plugin to use latest version of firebase api v1 by using @wordpress/scripts (like react app) to compile and bundle everything using wordpress script app using npm firebase modules, i need to use those to subscribe tokens in frontend and update to database. There is also change in api to send push notification as per new version, it requires lot of changes, i am remodelling this plugin with more things and features to use all features from latest version of google firebase api v1 , i will be busy for atleast 1 or 2 weeks due to this. WordPress supports non-modular approach (not npm), due to this i am creating external react app compiling and bundling together as per latest version of firebase api v1 to use it in this plugin

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Murali.
    Murali
    Keymaster

If you following this sample it will have options how to get userid, groupid, subscription token extra from plugin to your app and pass token received from webview to rest api to update it in wp database

https://www.muraliwebworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/lib-may202023.zip

Freddy R.
    Participant

Hello there,
    Thanks for your help.
    Push notification currently works with messages with my flutter app under Inappwebview.
    Need to use another method on website side to send the data to flutter: window.addEventListener and flutterInAppWebViewPlatformReady.
    And use: addJavaScriptHandler on flutter side ton get the data.
    Thanks again.

Otherwise, I noticed another issue with: emoji. Emoji are displayed in text code in push notification (Android and Web).

Rohit KC
    Participant

Hi there,

The push notification is working only on Mozilla firefox and not Google chrome or safari browser,
    What might be the issue?
    Can you help me on this one.

Murali
    Keymaster

Please let me know your site url, i will check. It will work in windows/mac chrome browser desktop, windows edge browser, mac safari browser. Android chrome browser, Android samsung browser.

Viewing 5 posts - 56 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Manage push notifications

notification icon
We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
notification icon
Please wait...processing
notification icon
We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
notification icon
Please wait...processing