WordPress Plugins by Muralidharan indiacitys.com technologies

Push Notification for Post and BuddyPress

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    Participant

Hi Murali. Thanks so much for this plugin. I really appreciate your work!

I have a wp buddyboss based community, and I’m figuring out how to do android/iOS mobile apps. I generated an appilix.com android app, but mobile push notifications aren’t working. Through reading this forum, it seems like it doesn’t work because I need make my own app and actually put the code you mentioned here:

https://www.muraliwebworld.com/groups/wordpress-plugins-by-muralidharan-indiacitys-com-technologies/forum/topic/integrate-push-notification-for-post-buddypress-wp-in-mobile-app-webview/

Is that true that mobile push notifications won’t work unless I create my own app with the code you mentioned?

Also, I’m getting errors in the push notification subscription page:

chrome desktop: “Notification permission not granted by user. Error in saving notification settings”
    firefox desktop: button doesn’t work and message on page landing “Your notification settings have been saved.”
    android (appilix): “Error in saving notification settings”

Can you let me know how to fix this?

Thanks!

John S.
    Participant

Update: I did use your template to make an app but still the same issues.

Also, I’m getting errors from your plugin:

HTTP_HOST: mysite.com
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    HTTP_REFFER: https://mysite.com/
    NUM/TYPE: 1/E_ERROR
    FILE: /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/push-notification-for-post-and-buddypress/public/ajax_routines/pnfpb_update_deviceid_ajax.php
    LINE: 255
    MESSAGE: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given in /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/push-notification-for-post-and-buddypress/public/ajax_routines/pnfpb_update_deviceid_ajax.php:255
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/push-notification-for-post-and-buddypress/pnfpb_push_notification.php(1149): include()
    #1 /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): PNFPB_ICFM_Push_Notification_Post_BuddyPress->PNFPB_icpushcallback_callback()
    #2 /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
    #3 /home/user/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
    #4 /home/user/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(203): do_action()
    #5 {main}
    thrown

Murali
    Keymaster

Please let me know your site url i will check it. One of my client app which is live app store is -> Aquarium Network is one of app i integrated this plugin for australia client and that app is created from webview of website aquariumnetwork.com.au which is in buddyboss . Aquarium Network app is published in android and in ios , it is live. This plugin will work unless you configured correctly with firebase configuration and app android/ios needs to be coded with encryption logic which i mentioned in github forum https://github.com/muraliwebworld

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Murali.
    Murali
    Keymaster

Hi John
    It is due to lite speed cache, firebase core javascripts are already minified I think lite speed cache is trying to minify all pnfpb related javascripts, so please exclude /pnfpb/ js and css files in lite speed cache, it will work. Many users reported same problem, it is resolved by eliminating pnfpb firebase javascripts from cache. Since I am using firebase javascripts locally inside the plugin which is already minified. Please exclude files with url containing pnfpb string in lite speed cache

if you see in console.log firebase core script is compressed again by lite speed cache which results in js error. Please exclude pnfpb js and css files from lite speed cache. Use pnfpb string in litespeed exclude list to exclude files containing urls with string pnfpb

Thanks
    Murali

Freddy R.
    Participant

Hello there,

I have a few questions about the Flutter and pnfpb plugin code example.
    – With the flutter code example, can we receive notifications for private messages?
    I get notifications for new activities but I don’t get notifications for private messages.

– Could you explain to me the purpose of these 2 bits of code in the web-view-container.dart file?

_pnfpbController.runJavascriptReturningResult('PNFPB_from_Flutter_mobileapp("'+GlobalData.pushtoken+'")').then((value) => print(value));

>> What value this function should return?

onMessageReceived: (JavascriptMessage message)

>> What value ‘message’ should return?

I’m not getting any data when displaying these two values with Fluttertoast or in the console.

Thanks in advance,

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Manage push notifications

notification icon
We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
notification icon
Please wait...processing
notification icon
We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
notification icon
Please wait...processing